Om Kumar, a 14-year-old student of class 9 from R.P.V.V. School, New Delhi, has developed 6 fully-functional and user-friendly websites to spread awareness about the pressing issues in society regarding environment, education and government initiatives such as Swach Bharat, etc., At a young age, Om has used social media to digitally awaken and make the society aware of important issues.
6 Websites on Social Causes
Om Kumar has created six websites that deal with prominent environmental and social issues.
- ‘Save Water, Save Life By Om’ is aimed at spreading awareness for Water Conservation.
- ‘Ecology & Environment’ promotes awareness of Environmental Conservation.
- Swachh Bharat by Om inspires the viewers to the need for Cleanliness in our Environment.
‘Mann-Parichay’ creates awareness for Mental Health.
- ‘Jagruk Bhai’ educates the viewers about various Social Issues through an innovative way of a Cartoon Character ‘Jagruk Bhai’ created, conceptualized and made by me.
- My website ‘Fighting Corona’ is dedicated to spreading awareness regarding the CORONA VIRUS and its PRECAUTIONS.
For his initiatives on water conservation awareness, Om Kumar was awarded the Water Heroes Share Your Story Award by the Ministry of Jal Shakti, Government of India.
Om Kumar also holds a National record for posting the maximum number of videos of National Interest on YouTube.
Presented the ‘Dilli ki Shaan’ award by the Honourable Chief Minister of Haryana, Shri. Manohar Lal Khattar from Bharat Prakashan for generating awareness towards many serious social and environmental issues.
Om has also authored the self-help book ‘The Link Between Mind And Heart’.
Check the book introduction of Om Kumar here
Om Kumar is a finalist for the Most Creative Use of Social Media because of his noble and creative initiatives to create awareness in society, about the most pressing issues, through social media. His messages have reached many because of his digital initiatives.